CLASSIC, YET CONTEMPORARY PORCELAIN
Welcome to the realm of Zepter’s Masterpiece Collection; a collection in which each piece is a unique work of art, handcrafted by a select few artisans, many of whom have spent decades perfecting their craft. Exclusively handmade with hard-paste porcelain according to the original 18th century method, the Imperial Gold Bordeaux collection commands a refined aesthetic taste, but also a variety of style and an ideal balance between classic art and contemporary needs.
BEAUTY BORN OF EARTH AND FIRE
Zepter Masterpiece Collection items are hand-made in Bavaria, Germany using hard-paste porcelain, which is resistant to even steel scratching due to its high kaolin content (50-55%) and the low admixture of quartz and feldspar (20 and 30% respectively). In order to produce its exclusive porcelain, Zepter works solely with “in-glaze” and “on-glaze” techniques. During the “in-glaze” fire manufacturing process, a ground colour is applied indirectly to the dishware using anti-adhesive paper, by means of screen-printing, and then fired at 1,250°C so the colour can sink into the re-liquefied glaze, thereby acquiring its unmistakeable gloss.
Subsequently, the “on-glaze fire” procedure takes place and the decorative motifs are painted by hand, with or without gold decorations, and the porcelain pieces are fired at 840°C. As implied by the name, the decoration is thus “on the glaze”. The final stage involves gold hand-painting using a 22-carat gold
thinner, which is of a brownish colour before burnout as a result of the oils and additives used; the edge details are then applied by brush. This procedure is called “gold fire” and is carried out at 800°C. Similarly, the handles, decorations and borders are exclusively painted by hand. This craftwork is highly specialised, and is passed from painter to painter through decades of learning.
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
Compared with standard porcelain manufacturers, the absolute superiority of Zepter’s Masterpiece Collection is evident in every detail. Zepter International is proud to certify that these porcelains and the related collection from the Table Art range are entirely handmade and hand-finished with the highest quality materials. They are completely manufactured in Germany with the highest levels of craftsmanship
. Zepter International guarantees the highest standards of quality and technology by choosing the finest raw materials of controlled, European origin and by strict surveillance of the production processes.
Imperial Gold Bordeaux 70-piece set comes with the largest possible list of items for the table serving:
- 12 Dinner plates (Height: 2.5 cm, Ø 28.5 cm)
- 12 Soup plates (Height: 4.9 cm, Ø 23.5 cm)
- 12 Dessert plates (Height: 1.8 cm, Ø 23 cm)
- 1 Soup tureen (Height: 15 cm, Ø 18 cm, Capacity: 3.30 l)
- 1 Salad bowl (Height: 6.2 cm, Ø 25 cm)
- 1 Gravy boat (Height: 9.1 cm, Ø 14.5 cm, Capacity: 0.50 l)
- 1 Under plate (Height: 2.7 cm, Ø 32 cm)
- 1 Oval platter (Height: 2.5 cm, Ø 35 cm)
- 1 Salt shaker (Height: 6 cm, Ø 4 cm)
- 1 Pepper shaker (Height: 6 cm, Ø 4 cm)
- 12 Coffee cups (Height: 6.0 cm, Ø 10 cm, Capacity: 0.20 l)
- 12 Saucers (Height: 2.4 cm, Ø 15 cm)
- 1 Coffee pot (Height: 19 cm, Ø 8.5 cm, Capacity: 1.30 l)
- 1 Sugar bowl (Height: 7.4 cm, Ø 7.5 cm, Capacity: 0.20 l)
- 1 Creamer (Height: 9.6 cm, Ø 7,5 cm, Capacity: 0.20 l).